Sacred rivers and mountains, yoga and meditation, ashram and temples – Rishikesh features them all. Don't miss this experience.
There are various tourist spots in Rishikesh where travellers can spend their leisure time. Being a spiritual destination, majority of sightseeing locations at Rishikesh have religious and spiritual connotation. There are various Temples & Ashrams that can be visited in and around Rishikesh.
• Laxman Jhula: - Iron suspension bridge & lookout point. Historic suspension bridge connecting 2 villages with ample foot traffic & scenic river views.
• Ram Jhula: - Iconic suspension bridge with views. This long, famous pedestrian suspension bridge crossing the Ganges River offers scenic views.
• Parmarth Niketan: - Spiritual center with yoga & meditation. Spacious Himalayan ashram with lush gardens, offering courses in yoga, meditation & Ayurveda.
• Gita Bhawan: - Peaceful ashram with a temple & shops. Riverfront ashram offering a temple, devotee housing, retail shops & a large banyan tree.
• Triveni Ghat: - Riverfront site for spiritual activities. Elaborate statues & other structures line this spiritual site on the banks of the Ganges River.
• Sivananda Ashram: - Yoga
• Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Ashram/ Beatles Ashram/Chaurasi Kutiya: - Abandoned former Transcendental Meditation ashram known for its Beatles artwork & lush overgrowth. Ashram where the pop band once stayed in the ’60s, now featuring Beatles art & graffiti.
• Vanprastha Ashram
• Marine Drive: - Rafting and adventure
• Trayambakeshwar: - Ancient 13-story temple by the river. This 13-story Hindu temple perched along the banks of the Ganges River is open to the public.
• Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: - Popular Hindu temple in scenic surrounds. Mountainside temple & mythological site where the Hindu deity Shiva consumed poison from the sea.
• Omkarananda Ashram Himalayas: - Yoga
• Lakshman Temple: - Riverside temple with elaborate wall art. Hindu temple on the banks of the Ganges River, known for its decorative wall engravings.
• Tera Manzil Temple
• Shatrughna Temple
• Rajaji National Park: - Wildlife reserve with visitor cottages. Wildlife sanctuary with protected elephants & tigers, jungle safaris & eco-tourism cottages.
• Neelkanth Temple
• Patna Fall/Neer Garh Waterfall